I was so surprised to find out I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award this week. I had seen it on Twitter and thought oh that will never happen to me I’ve only just started my blogging journey. I was nominated by Kayla from kaylabcollection. She has a beautiful blog and a stunning Instagram that you have to check out. She has a real eye for home decor and DIY projects. I am honored to be recognized with so many other wonderful bloggers.
Here are the rules to accept your nomination for “The Sunshine Blogger Award”:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Q&A from my Nomination:
Who is your hero? My dad. He was my closest friend and my favorite person until he passed away suddenly a few years ago. He was definitely the embodiment of who I try to be: compassionate, kind, crazy intelligent, soulful. I could go on, but I will strive to have the close relationship with Jocelyn, that he had with me. Truly my most prized relationship.
What is your proudest accomplishment? My daughter is the easy answer. But probably breastfeeding for six months. We had sooooo many ups and downs and problems. Mastitis x2, latch issues, thrush, clogged duct. It was just impossibly hard at times. And yet I stuck it out and am proud that I nourished her with my body for six months. Next goal is a year!
What did you want to be when you were little? Are you that today? I wanted to be a lot of things, but always some kind of scientists. I finally settled on paleontology. No, I’m not a paleontologist today, I would need to go back to school to get my PhD. Sometimes I wish I could still follow that path because I love science so much.
What’s your favorite song right now? And all-time favorite? This one’s hard for me. I find music taste so personal. I like listening to trap rap as bad as it sounds and I love Ed Sheeran. I don’t think I have an all-time favorite, but loving Rockstar by Post Malone and Perfect by Ed Sheeran right now.
What are your hobbies? I enjoy playing World of Warcraft, watching Twitch streams with Isaac, cross-stitch when I have time, and random DIY projects.
Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert? DEFINITELY an introvert. No one that knows me personally can deny that. I’m generally pretty shy and let Isaac take the lead in social situations. Even once I open up and feel comfortable around someone, I usually respond more than openly start a conversation.
What was your first job and how old were you? I was spoiled so my first job was Wendy’s and I was 20 years old. Only worked there for like a month.
If you were a superhero, what would your powers be? I would want to time-travel, but at no risk of the butterfly effect!
What’s one of your biggest pet peeves? People, that stop you in the store every five feet to gush over your baby? When Isaac bites or cuts his nails and then I find pieces. People that break going downhill… it’s called coasting geez.
What has been your favorite show to binge watch? (if you do that) If not, what’s your favorite t.v. show? I loved binge watching Supernatural and I watched every episode of Vampire Diaries I am embarrassed to say. I like any show that’s sci-fi or fantasy.
What’s one thing you hope to accomplish this year? I genuinely want my blog to grow and to make connections with like-minded mothers and bloggers. I want to produce content that helps my readers. And I want to make some sort of income, to feel like I can help Isaac out with bills.
Questions for my nominees:
- What’s your least favorite thing about blogging?
- Do you have an tattoos? If so how many?
- What time of year is your favorite?
- Did you have a favorite toy as a child?
- What’s your favorite alcoholic drink (if you drink, if not your favorite non-alcoholic drink is fine)?
- Whose your celebrity crush? (it’s ok mine is embarrassing too)
- If you could change your name, what name would you give yourself?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What is a skill you’d like to learn and why?
- Would you choose $250k in spending money or a dream home that was paid off?
- Are you always early or late?
Again thank you Kayla for the nomination, I am so honored and tickled.